Network of Disaster Management Practitioners (NDMP) Registered with the Government of Pakistan under Company Ordinance 1984, during September 2011, the Network of Disaster Management Practitioners (NDMP) is pouring valuable contribution in the field of Disaster Risk Reduction with a vision towards “empowering disaster resilient communities”. NDMP shares expertise in all spectrum of the Disaster Management through network of experienced, devoted and highly skilled Disaster Management Practitioners from all over the countries. NDMP is aiming to link all DRR practitioners through trainings, organizational cooperation, exposure visits, conferences, seminars and symposium etc. Since its establishment during 2011, NDMP remained heavily engaged on various projects with more than five UNOs, more than ten I/NGOs and World Bank on different aspects of the Disaster Risk Management.
- A Master degree in Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Disaster Management with at least 3-5 years of work experience.
- Exposure in designing and creating corporate training programs in the area of disaster and emergency response.
- Excellent English, Urdu and other local language’s communication and writing skills.
- Knowledge of sensitivities and experience of work in humanitarian setting with the National partner organizations, Government, INGOs and UN agencies.
The Curriculum Development Specialist will report to Project Manager and will perform the following
- Exposure in designing and creating corporate training programs in the area of Disaster Risk Management (DRM) and Emergency Response Management (ERM)
- Develop the tools and methodology for the review and assessment of the existing International, National, Provincial and District material available on DRM/ERM. The tools will specify the relevant stakeholders to participate in the review and assessment process.
- Review various training curricula and other relevant literature on DRM/ERM available at International, National, Provincial and district level.
- Facilitate Provincial stakeholder’s meetings at Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to review and assess training needs/materials for DRM/ERM.
Develop a tailor made participant’s workbook for 4-day training course on Community Action
for Disaster Response (CADRE) in very simple Urdu language that comprise of background
knowledge and information for the potential trainers/participants about all modules and sessions
with proper references/sources used for developing the sessions.
Develop a guidebook in English language that comprise of course structure/content, lesson plans
including time allocation for each session, material that could be required for delivery of
sessions and methodology to be adopted for delivering the session.
Developed session wise power point slides with standard templates based on the participant’s
workbook and instructor’s guidebook.
Develop posters on pre, during and after disaster and emergency phases for the community
Negotiable, comparable to qualification and experience
Please send your resume at email@example.com by 3rd January, 2019 in WORD FORMAT. Incomplete or Irrelevant CVs will not be entertained. Please mark the title of the post applying for in the Subject line.